Thursday 18 July 2013

May & June Skincare Favourites!


So it's that time again where I have been trialling and loving new or rediscovered products! 

As we are right, smack, bang, in the middle of winter I tend to, even more so, use products that are moisturising and protects the skin. Often during winter we forget how much the harsh environments (heating, wind & cold) effect and harm the skin. The following are my loves and Ive been religiously using for the last couple of months.




Dermalogica precleanse: 
This extraordinary oil based cleanser is filled with gorgeous and nourishing Olive, Apricot and Kukui Nut oils. Ideal if you are a heavy makeup wearer, use sunscreen daily, suffer from poor skin or like to know every single trace of makeup, pollution or debris from the skin. I love that you can use this product all over your skin and eyes which makes it super convenient and easy to remove waterproof mascara and makeup.  Simply rub it all over dry skin and massage for a little while. Then add some warm water and watch it emulsify right before your eyes!



Where to buy:
http://buy.dermalogica.com.au/product.php?productid=16166&cat=255&page=1 

Bioderma Crealine AR 
It's no secret that I'm completely in love with Bioderma products......if I could, Id bathe in Bioderma Crealine H2O!! And now to have discovered another beauty from this range is truly amazing. Bioderma Crealine AR (anti- redness) is perfect if you have sensitive, inflamed, irritated skin and particularly great for Rosacea sufferers! The slightly green tinged moisturiser will instantly help cover redness and makes it ideal as a makeup base.



Where to buy:
http://bellabox.com.au/bioderma-crealine-ar-anti-redness.html 

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo
As I mentioned in my intro with winter truly here I have become a little obsessed with skincare. La Roche-Posay is another French brand I cant recommend enough. I suffer from regular breakouts and this is one product that has been able to control it - miracle I know! The formaula works by unclogging pores and gently exfoliates to remove dead skin which can cause unwanted breakouts. Reasonably priced at only $26 this treatment is a must have for clearer skin!


Where to buy:
http://bellabox.com.au/la-roche-posay-effaclar-duo.html

Caudalie Beauty Elixer
There seems to be a clear theme here - the French certainly know their skincare! Inspired by Queen Isabelle of Hungary’s elixir of youth, this treatment smooths away fine lines, 
tightens pores and gives the complexion a real boost of radiance. This spritzer of youth is filled with Grape, Orange blossom, Rose, Balm mint, Rosemary and doesnt contain any of the nasties such as Parabens, sulfates, gmo's and the rest!


Where to buy:
http://www.frenchcosmeticsforless.com/proddetail.php?prod=9569&cat=7

Grown Alchemist Body Serum 
This body serum is so highly absorbent that that my skin has remained well moisturised and hydrated despite the awful cold we are experiencing. Formulated with a sensuous and potent blend of botanical bio active ingredients including essential fatty acids omega 6 & 9 and antioxidants from tamanu oil it helps restore skin elasticity while providing maximum hydration helping protect against premature ageing. 


Where to buy:
http://www.myer.com.au/shop/mystore/grown-body-serum-100ml

NARS Pro Prime - Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base 
Already featured in my last favourites blog and youtube review I have continued to love this product even more! Its a fact that the oiliest part of our body is our eyelid - I know who would have thought..... And because of this fact a lot of us find our shadow creases, disappears or smudges throughout the day. This nifty product was produced to help with that and help it does!

As its a colourless formula it will not interfere with your eyeshadow pigments in fact its polymer and mineral powder blend establishes a firm grip on colour ensuring hours of wear.




Where to buy:

http://reviews.meccacosmetica.com.au/0583/b48edc77-ef64-4b9b-93f1-9d7400b50238/nars-smudge-proof-eyeshadow-base-reviews/reviews.htm 

TONI&GUY Sea Salt Texturising Spray 
This Sea Salt Texurising Spray is a must have to create a lived-in, beach look. Since getting the big chop I found my dead straight hair often looked limp and quite boring. This product has changed my life (and hair)! Just a quick spray either on towel dried or dry hair I quickly run my fingers through my hair and mess it around...bed hair that easy!!



Where to buy:
http://www.priceline.com.au/hair/hair-styling/hair-styling-products/sea-salt-texturising-spray-200.0-ml

By Terry Hyaluronic Face Glow 
I LOVE THIS PRODUCT LIKE A FIRST BORN!! Following my April favourite of the By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Primer I decided to give this a go and Im equally in love with it. In all honesty I have found them to be quite identical, the only difference is this one contains colour which I don't mind as I can wear it alone if I want a light coverage. When worn as primer I found the foundation truly stayed fresh and lasted all day......no touch ups required here!
I found it also filled out my pores and left my skin looking plump and healthy. LOVE!!
Where to buy:
http://reviews.meccacosmetica.com.au/0583/5e6e5fdc-bc77-4660-949f-9f9d00c6682b/by-terry-hyaluronic-face-glow-reviews/reviews.htm 

GLAMCOR LIGHTS 
We need to thank Makeup and Glow (www.makeupandglow.com) for bringing these extraordinary professional lights into Australia for distribution! I take these lights with me everywhere. I can have the best products in the world but if my lighting is bad (and lets face it, us makeup artists are often shoved in a dim corner!) no makeup will look good. Super light and compact I have no issue adding this to my kit. But rest assured you don't have to be a makeup artist to enjoy the bright light! I find people who live in apartments/flats/hotels are subjected to horrific lighting and there is no way you can apply your makeup effectively, or more mature ladies who need that extra bit of light to assist in application can also benefit from it.


Where to buy:
http://www.makeupandglow.com.au/GLAMCOR-Classic-Elite-Light-Kit-Ltd-Edition-Matte-Black-p-17909.html 

Kosmea Skin Clinic® Certified Organic Rose Hip Oil 
Im sure we're all familiar with Rose Hip Oil and how beneficial it is for our skin! Well now you can add certified organic to that sentence. Ive been applying this luxurios oil to my face nightly and after a few days of use I feel the texture of my skin has smoothed slightly and existing blemish scars have started to fade......thats enough for me! And if you like that dewy finish to your makeup add a couple of drops to you foundation! Your skin will thank you for it!


Where to buy:
http://shop.davidjones.com.au/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchDisplay?searchTermScope=&searchType=1002&filterTerm=&maxPrice=&showResultsPage=true&langId=-1&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&metaData=&pageSize=20&manufacturer=&resultCatEntryType=&catalogId=10051&pageView=image&searchTerm=&facet=mfName_ntk_cs%253AKosmea&minPrice=&categoryId=26553&storeId=10051