Wednesday 4 April 2012

The best & worst gel liners!

Im a fan, huge fan actually, of gel liners and I've had the opportunity to work with many different brands.


Those of you who follow my blog know not only do I use the gel liners to line the eye but I often use them as eyeshadows particularly when doing a dark smokey eye. They are perfect for this look as the majority of them are smudge, crease & waterproof and add depth to eyeshadow.


Having said that not all gel liners are the same and Ive even found a huge contrast in liners from the same brand. Some glide on seamlessly and have intense colour while others either look dull or dry up the minute you twist the cap to open it! Below are my favourite and not so favourite liners.


Favourites:


MAC Fluideline in Blacktrack - my absolute favourite black gel liner. This product does exactly what its supposed to. It applies beautifully, gives you a real intense black finish and will not budge or smudge all day! 


Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Bronze Shimmer (not sure if this colour has been replaced with Chocolate Shimmer) - I LOVE THIS LINER!! I frequently use this to create an amazing brown smokey eye but it also makes a nice liner when you want a softer outline. 


Shu Uemura in G Silver- This is a lovely silver shimmer colour which is a nice alternative to a light liner. I like to use this product to highlight the inner eyes near the tear duct - just beautiful.


Not so favourite:


MAC Fluideline in Waveline - Bad, real bad if you thought this was going to give you a lovely blue colour. It applies quite transparent and you need layers to give you an intense colour. So disappointing as I love the colour.


Bobbi Brown and Shu Uemura in Black - my problem with both of these is their longevity. They dry out so quickly and they become unusable in a matter of no time.