Thursday 29 September 2011

Mineral Makeup? Its definitely for me.

Whilst living in London my skin reacted to the harsh elements and as a result I reverted back to my teenage years - breakouts galore!  

I tried EVERYTHING to clear it up and knew I had to start with my base foundation. A friend of mine who went through the same misfortune recommended a mineral makeup by Youngblood. Being a makeup artist I was a little apprehensive to try it and thought it was all a little gimmicky - how can a mineral makeup be good for your skin and give me the coverage I needed? Well, it did.

After much research it was evident that their products were:
  • Non-comedogenic
  • No lead
  • No talc
  • No chemical dyes
  • No artificial colour or fragrance
  • Not tested on animals
  • No mineral oil
  • Lightreflecting properties
  • No alcohol
  • Long lasting coverage
  • Pigments derived from natural minerals from the earth
But what surprised me even more was that it gave me amazing coverage and I was left with a healthy luminous glow. And my skin healed nicely!!

For more reason's then one I probably wouldn't add it to my professional makeup kit particularly for photo shoots but for an everyday healthy alternative I'm sold!