Saturday 9 July 2011

ITS ALL TRUE - YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!!!!

Ok, so Im getting older..…I am…….but to be honest Im actually ok with it (I know who would have thought!).

But with age comes the awareness of the importance of looking after your health and skin. We all know sunscreen is a must, ALL THE TIME, unless you like your skin to look like leather?!?! What I want to speak about today isn't anything you put on your face but instead inside your body.


Over the last month I did a little experiment eating foods good for your skin, I didn't obsess over it but increased certain foods that are meant to be good for your skin and guess what - it worked! 
First, I increased my omega 3 dramatically. Im not talking about a tin of tuna but instead I ate mackerel a very oily fish a few times a week. Salmon can be used as a substitute.
Secondly, I increased the amount of fruit and vegetables I consumed in particularly anything green.
Thirdly, I added nuts such as walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds to my foods.
And last but most importantly I drank A LOT of water. Please if there is anything you take from this drink plenty of water.


I have never in so many years had this many comments about the look of my skin. Im the first to admit I still get the odd blemish but the tone and suppleness of my skin has improved dramatically. 


Makeup can only do so much but you have to do the rest!! Would love to hear your results if you try it.